Ahhhhh, a butter cookie topped with some delicous raspberry preserves, what's not to love? I love this simple, old fashioned cookie.
1 cup softened unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped nuts
¾ cup raspberry jam, or your favorite
1) Preheat oven to 400’. Cut a sheet of parchment paper to cover your cookie sheet.
2) In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, vanilla & sugar until light & fluffy.
3) Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture and blend well.
4) Place nuts into a small bowl. Shape dough into 1” balls and roll in nuts to coat. Place on cookie sheet and press a divot with your thumb into the center of each cookie.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully slide the parchment with the hot cookies onto your cooling rack.
6) Using a small spoon, carefully spoon about ½ teaspoon of jam into centers. Cool completely. I like to let these cookies sit out overnight for the jam to set. Store in an air tight plastic container being careful not to disturb centers.