Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Essential Pantry List.....


I wanted to re-publish my pantry list.  I have these items on hand at all times.  For every item I use, I have a back up in my pantry.   Whenever I finish what's in the fridge or in my dry pantry, I put that item on my shopping list and retrieve my back up from my pantry.  I simply cannot stand completely running out of a staple.  I have a dry erase board on my refrigerator and I have a running list.   (I have kids you see, they suck any kind of memory you may have once had right out of you!)

Pantry Items

Starches
Whole wheat cappelini
Whole wheat elbow macaroni
Whole wheat soup noodles
Whole wheat penne
No boil lasagna noodles
Brown rice
Barley-quick cooking
Quick cooking oats
Unseasoned bread crumbs
Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
Saltine crackers
Corn meal


Spices and seasonings
Granulated garlic
Granulated onion
Dried thyme
Dried oregano
Chili powder
Ground cumin
Smoked paprika (Penzey's)
Cayenne
Chipotle, ground (you can find the best at Penzey's)
Red pepper flakes
Dried parsley
Kosher salt
Sea salt-fine granules
Black pepper-ground
Black peppercorns
Cinnamon-ground
Cloves-ground
Nutmeg-ground
Lawry's seasoning salt
Sesame seeds


Miscellaneous
Peanut butter
Better than bouillon-small jar of concentrated chicken stock
Diced tomatoes-14 oz. cans (2)
Tomato paste- 6 oz. cans (2)
Black beans-15 oz. cans (2)
Re fried beans-14 oz. cans (2)
Red kidney beans-14 oz can (2)
Cannelli beans-15 oz. can  (2)
Olive oil
Canola oil
Cider vinegar
Balsamic vinegar
Liquid smoke
Red wine vinegar
Cooking spray
Canned pumpkin-15 oz. can (1-2)
Soy sauce-low sodium
Hoisin sauce
Worcestershire
Ketchup
Dijon mustard
Mayonnaise
Pecans (Refrigerate)
Walnuts (Refrigerate)
Honey
Raisins
Red Quinoa (Trader Joe's)
Canned salmon
Canned tuna


Baking items
Whole wheat flour
All purpose unbleached flour
Baking powder
Baking soda
Cream of tarter
Sugar
Brown sugar
Semi sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla
Cooking spray with flour
Wheat germ
Cupcake liners
Evaporated milk (1)
Sweetened condensed milk (1)
Coconut
Unflavored gelatin


Foils and wraps-
*keep an eye on the Sunday paper ads, often there are coupons for these items.

Parchment paper
Wax paper
Reynolds non stick foil-it’s fabulous!
Heavy duty foil, wide width
Freezer bags, large and small
Cling wrap-Saran is best


Frozen items
Petite peas
Broccoli crowns
Chopped spinach-loose, not in the block
Mixed vegetables

Dairy
Greek non fat yogurt
Parmesan cheese

*do not buy or use canned goods that are dented*

No comments:

Post a Comment