Monday, December 21, 2009
Blueberry Streusel Bread
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
8 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups milk
½ cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1) Pre heat oven to 350’. Evenly coat 7 mini loaf pans with cooking spray, set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients with your hands until you have a nice crumbly mixture. Set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, mix well, add blueberries, gently stir to coat, make a well in center.
4) Add wet ingredients into well, stir until just combined.
5) Add a large spoonful of batter into each pan, top with a small amount of streusel, add more batter to fill pan to 2/3 full. Top each loaf evenly with remaining topping.
6) Bake for 30-33 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and allow to cool completely on rack. Package in cellophane bags or wrap in saran. Freeze if you will not be using immediately.