Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Easy Entertaining Ideas for the Holidays....


Hi Everyone!

If you're thinking about entertaining for the holidays, it's time to pick a date and invite your guests.  I don't know about you, but the last place I want to be is in the kitchen sweating over pots and pans while my guests are enjoying appetizers, cocktails, and titilating conversation!   I don't mind warming up a dish or two, but come on!  I love to serve appetizers, maybe alternate between cold & hot offerings.  When guests start to arrive, put out a cold appetizer, serve cocktails, (don't forget yourself!), you can then throw the next appetizer into the oven, don't forget the timer.  If anyone asks to help, for God sakes, accept!  You don't have to prove to anyone that you're Wonder Woman, even though you are!

Everything I serve is made ahead, and I love to serve buffet style.   I'll do something delicious that can be held in a crock pot, that way if guests arrive at different times, you'll have something nice and hot to offer.  Keep in mind that you may have to borrow a crock pot or two from friends, depending on how many you'll need for warming. 

Serving dishes, platters, & glassware.   I like to put a post it note on each platter with the name of the dish I'll be serving on it, that way you won't be searching for platters after your guests have arrived.  Think about serving desserts in glassware that you hardly ever use.   For example, I have some beautiful martini glasses.  I enjoy a martini when I go out for dinner on occasion, however, I do not feel it necessary to be serving up martinis to myself on a Tuesday evening......you get my drift.  Anyway, why not use that pretty glassware to serve an amazing dessert!  It's made ahead & easy to serve.

Now, with all that information in mind, let's plan a party!  Keep an eye out for next weeks "make ahead" recipes & serving ideas, I can't wait! 

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment