1 lb. lean ground lamb
½ lb. lean ground beef
½ lb. lean ground turkey
6 large garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons dried oregano
½ cup fresh lemon juice, or bottled
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Whole wheat flat bread
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Tzaziki, recipe below
1) Preheat oven to 375’. Foil line a cookie sheet with sides.
2) Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Using meticulously clean hands or gloves, mix meat mixture with your hands thoroughly. Shape into two tubular shaped logs on a cookie sheet.
3) Bake for 40 minutes. Internal temperature should read 165’.
4) Remove from oven and tent with foil, let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. While meat is resting, heat a skillet over medium heat and warm flat breads, keep warm in a clean kitchen towel until you’re ready to serve.
5) When ready to serve, using a meat carving knife or a serrated knife, slice into ¼” slices. Serve with cool cucumber tzaiki, warm flat bread, and red onion.
1 cup non fat yogurt
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh or bottled
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Mix ingredients well in a small mixing bowl. Refrigerate immediately after using in an air tight container.