Friday, September 17, 2010

Savoring Time Together.....

The Great Smokey Mountains
Spring Break 2010

My Ryan is now in kindergarten.  If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...."where has the time gone?"  I feel like I just brought my little bundle home from the hospital.  I enjoyed him in my tummy and every moment thereafter.  And what about my big boys?  Jack, who is going to be 18, and Christopher, who is 15.  They were 9 and 7 when we met.  They were little boys...now I look at them and I see young men.

Most people know how trying teens can be.  I think the world is an overwhelming, exciting, scary, and full of endless possibilities place.  They are clinging to still being a small child and being taken care of, yet wanting to spread their wings and fly.  Deep, huh?

I decided that since I work from home the beginning of the week, to have Ryan go to our beloved Community Center for the morning, have lunch, and then a bus to school.  This means that I don't see him from 9:00-3:15.  I dropped him off yesterday and was a complete mess!  Ready for this?  We're only doing it once a week!  Geeze! 

When the world of raising children seems to be a bit more than you can take, watch this:
The Gift of an Ordinary Day.

Let us appreciate the joy and the challenges our beautiful children bring to us.  I want to really try and savor the time we have together.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment