Friday, September 10, 2010

Appetizers!

Don't you just love a good appetizer?  I happen to be doing a couple of appetizer/cocktail parties this month.  You know what I'm getting at, right?  Amazing new recipes!  Yippee!  The beauty of this type of party is that you can have everything prepared ahead of time, no fancy place settings and no rigid serving schedule.   You have great freedom to serve whatever floats your boat.  I like to alternate cold and hot appetizers.  That way you have a break between, you know, to refresh your cocktail and what not!

One of the appetizers I'm most excited about is my stuffed jalapeno.  As you know, I do not fry anything.  Who wants to mess with all that oil when you're entertaining?!  Stay tuned, this is incredible! Crunchy, spicy, and sweet.   I've already posted one of my all time favorites, the Caramelized Onion and Brie Flat Bread, outstanding!  Cold appetizers can be a little challenging.  I don't really care to serve many cold dips or ordinary fare.  I love bruschetta, but with a twist.  I think it's nice to serve flavorful and interesting salads.  Something Asian always comes to mind....crisp Asian slaw with a light toasted sesame and rice vinaigrette.  How about a delicious noodle salad,  with spicy peanut dressing?  I could go on and on!

Get ready, we're havin' a party!

Have a wonderful day!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment