Saturday, May 22, 2010

Volcano Cake.....

My official frosting "taste tester".....
Two thumbs up!!

Here it is!  A sheet cake bottom, several layers for the volcano, I had to add large marshmallows cut in half to give it more height.  The cake recipe I used was a  basic yellow cake that was simple and very delicious! I had to triple the recipe for this size cake.   I did an entire vanilla frosting "crumb" layer first.  I then assembled the volcano.  I used a shot glass in the very top to plop in the dry ice for "smoke."  Green icing for grass, blue icing for water, dinos, a palm tree I got from a card and party store.  The slate looking rocks would be Hershey's chocolate, broken into jagged pieces.  The hot flowing lava would be fruit roll ups cut into strips!


You can see a little bit of the "smoke".  You have to had hot water to the dry ice (very carefully) to create the affect.  I had one happy little 5 year old!

I had great fun doing this cake!

Don't be afraid to experiment!  If you ever have any questions on how to do something like this, email me!  I'd love to help!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment