Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Hello everyone-

Gee, what a week!  I'm wondering why the holiday for Mom's in only one day and not a week, or a month?  Or that we aren't celebrated once a month.....

Mom's don't get to be sick. 

The day before my husband went out of town for a business trip (for 4 days) I came down with a pretty unsavory virus.  I was in the midst of preparing for my Chicago Tonight appearance, writing about food and whatnot, had to take my 17 year old to the oral surgeon to get four wisdom teeth out (and of course, the aftermath of that!), had the actual TV appearance on Thursday, laundry, dishes, meals, baths, lunches, trash and recycling, the electrition, oh yeah, when is the tree guy coming?   The cherry on the cake was that the dog then vomited on the couch cushion and on the rug....really?  Nothing like cleaning up that stuff when the tummy isn't right to begin with!

I'm not complaining.  Just would like to actually take a little credit for being able to do all of these things when I'm sick.  Yes, my arm hurts from patting myself on the back.

Every Mom out there does this sort of thing on a daily basis, I'm not so special.  It's just what we do.  So, to all wondeful Mom's out there:

YOU ARE LOVED, APPRECIATED, BEAUTIFUL, CARING AND SO SPECIAL.

LET US REMEMBER TO PAT EACH OTHER ON THE BACK OFTEN.

We all relate to eachother so well and it means so much to hear something nice from a fellow Mom.  I have so many special friends.  Friends who offer to help when they know I'm in need.  Thank you Mary, Sarah (she's a doctor and doesn't play one on TV), Deb and Cathriona,.....for having my back so often. 

God Bless all Moms!  Happy Mother's Day!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment