Cheese cake...simple...no fluff...creamy....gentle...not too sweet....most excellent simple dessert. This is my Mom's recipe. I grew up eating this delectable dessert. I remember first hearing the name of the dessert and wrinkling up my nose....what? Cheese in dessert?! No way!
It is quite delicious with a fruit topping or chocolate gnache. I recommend you enjoy it plain so you can really taste the cream cheese and the yummy graham cracker crust. The recipe is really easy, it goes together in a matter of 15 minutes. Refrigerate after completely cooling on the counter on a rack. Try not to overbake as this will cause the top to crack.
Homemade Cheese Cake
For the crust:
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
For the filling:
2 8 ounce packages softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
¾ cup milk
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 325’. Line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan with non stick foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray. (This will make for easy removal of the cake when it’s done.)
2) Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press into the bottom and up the side of the pan about ½”. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
3) With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese. Add the flour and sugar, beat well. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, beat. Scrape down the sides and beat until all ingredients are incorporated.
4) Pour into pan. (it’s ok if it’s still a little warm) Bake in the center of preheated oven for 38-40 minutes. Do not over bake or the cake will crack in the center. To check for doneness, carefully tap the pan, if the center appears to be set, it’s done.
5) Cool completely before removing from pan. Carefully pull foil away from cake and place onto a serving plate. Enjoy with fresh fruit or chocolate.