Sunday, November 14, 2010
Oven Roasted Turkey Legs...YUM!
Whip up some mashed potatoes and make a little pan gravy and you have one inexpensive and delicious weeknight dinner.
Oven Roasted Turkey Legs
4 large turkey legs
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons oregano
1 1/2 cups water
1) Line a cookie sheet with sides with non stick aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 325'.
2) Rub each turkey leg generously with olive oil. Season generously with salt, pepper, and oregano.
3) Place in oven and roast for 1 1/2 hours.
4) Remove pan from oven, add 1 1/2 cups water and cover with foil. Roast another hour.
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon corn starch
1) Pour the pan juices into a gravy separator. Drain off the juices you'll be using into a one cup measuring cup and discard the fat. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Pour into small sauce pan.
2) Mix the cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of water until incorporated. Pour immediately into the broth in the pan.
3) Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve immediately.
To re-warm turkey legs. Place in a pan with sides and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover tightly with foil and warm in 325' oven for 30 minutes.
To re-warm gravy. Microwave for one minute increments, stir between. Whisk in a little water if necessary for a smooth gravy.