Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life's Simple Pleasures,Good Food and Girlfriends.....


Ever stop and really think about the significance of food when entertaining?  Not just the different food choices you make, the garlic and lemon, the sweet and savory, the spicy....then the grand finale, a luscious dessert.  The time spent pouring over recipes.  In my case, changing my mind a hundred times until I have the perfect menu.  Thinking about things you can prepare mostly ahead and simply warm and serve so you can enjoy the company of your treasured friends.  I love this whole process. 

I had a small gathering on my deck a couple of nights ago.  The weather was gorgeous.  I lit a fire in the chimney, lit the torches, and the grill.  In the warm glow of the deck I served Caramelized Onion and Brie Flat Bread (in archived recipes), Baked Potato Skins, Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, and Grilled Lemon Shrimp over Grilled Baguette.  For dessert I served Homemade chocolate chip cookies and Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Bread (in archived recipes).  The food was delicious but the company was truly scrumptious!

Good times.

There really is nothing better than sitting with your girlfriends around the table, laughing and sharing stories and the centerpiece of the evening is the food you've thoughtfully planned, shopped for, prepared and served.  Cooking for your friends is truest expression of love. 

Thank you Cathriona, Deb, Sarah, Kathleen, Helen, Margaret, and Christine.  You all are amazing women.  I look forward to each and every time I see you.

Plan a soiree for your BFFs soon.  Your efforts will surely let your friends know how you feel about them.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Angie

ps-look for the above mentioned new appetizers soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment