Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Reflection & appreciation.....

Good morning.  It is very early and the thing is, I start getting ideas on what I'd like to write about between 4:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.  I'm thinking it's because no one is interrupting every thought I have in my brain, "have you seen my ipod charger?  Where is my hat?  Can you sign this, and I need $10...."   you know what I mean.  So I begin having all these thoughts and there is no way I can go back to sleep.  I need to have a pen and paper near my bedside, yes, that's what I'll do.

As previously written, I am from a very small town.  I moved to Chicago right after college, so that would be about 22 years.   Writing for my blog has been so incredibly theraputic and has led me down memory lane as well as self discovery.  Here are some things about me:

I love my family and always want them near. (well, most of the time!)
I have a strong love of nature and open green spaces.
I love anything old fashioned.
My love of cooking is related to my desire to please the ones I love.
I don't NEED many things.
I don't WANT many things.
I love learning about the history of most anything.
I love to talk to people with many years of life experience, I love to learn how they grew up and how it used to be.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
I am a cancer survivor. (don't worry, I'm ok!)

So.  There it is.  My list.  Now, don't get me wrong, there is one thing I've always wanted....a kick bucket kitchen....I'd like at least a 6 burner range...double ovens... someday.  The main reason being that we don't have enough space to entertain the whole family at holiday time, I really want to be able to do that.

My little one is up, it's 6:37 a.m., he wants juice, and so it begins....

Thank you for reading and have a blessed Christmas.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment