Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home for Christmas....New Years Resolutions?

Hello everyone!  I've missed you.  We have been on a "holiday" visit to where I grew up in Michigan.  (11 hours, round trip)  We stayed at a hotel with a pool.....yes, I went swimming, sort of.  I will tell you this, nothing like putting on a swim suit in the dead of winter, in harsh lighting, when Christmas cookies have been a part of your daily diet for at least two weeks.    No New Years resolutions, I'd just like to take better care of myself, like I do my family.

I like lists, so here is what I'll be trying to do in 2010:

1)  Be gentle with myself, as I would be with my best friend. 
2)  Sit down when eating.  (yes, I tend to stand at my kitchen counter while eating lunch)
3)  I'm going to try to eat 8-10 fruits and vegetables a day. (I usually get 4-5)
4)  I am going to make it my goal to exercise at least 3 days a week.  (I'm going to treat it like an activity I've planned for my kids, wouldn't dream of cancelling, now would I?)
5)  I will take time for myself to be with my girlfriends, who I cherish and keep me sane.
6)  If someone is sick or suffering, I will comfort them with food from my kitchen.
7)  When I am in public, I will compliment at least one stranger.

Well, there it is.  My top 7 things to do in the New Year.  I'd do top 10, but that would ordinary, besides, no need to overwhelm ourselves with unrealistic expectations, right?

You may now be wondering when I will stop babbling and post a recipe.  I'm in recovery mode, I don't think I knew the date the entire month of December.  I have many, many ideas.  I'll give you some hints tomorrow.
I promise you, they will be really good!

Have a great evening.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment