Monday, December 21, 2009

Another food memory.....& random thoughts....

I just love when I run into a college classmate and they ask me, "hey Ang, do you still make those cinnamon rolls you used to make?"  Well, of course I do!  Isn't it something that people remember those kinds of things?  In the upcoming new year, why not choose one or two dishes that you love to eat, and work on perfecting those dishes.  Make them YOUR specialties.  There is nothing like a special request for something you make.  We all don't have to be great at everything, how about just some things?

I spoke of cinnamon rolls, I learned how to make them with my Grandma Henderson....don't worry, I won't break into tears today!  Question, do some of the commercials on tv make you teary?  You know the ones, Folgers coffee, when the guy comes home from Africa to be with his family on Christmas?  Geeze, it gets me every time!  And what about Extreme Home Makeover, Home Addition?   I will not watch the new one, Find My Family....I'd be a mess!  Am I alone here?

Anyway, back to the subject!  If you do not work with yeast, I really would love to be the one to teach you.  When I was a young girl, I thought it was so fascinating that dried yeast would make my dough "puff up."  It is actually a very simple process.  Your loved ones will flip out when you make these.  I love the reaction I get from Jack and Chris, it's something I really wish I could bottle.  I also love when they approach me and say, "hey Ang, you know what you haven't made in awhile?"  This kind of thing really warms my heart, good stuff.

I am so looking forward to 2010, we are going to have so much fun together!

Have a wonderful day.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment