I consider these "knee buckling", be sure to be seated when you try this brownie. They stay together very nicely when you cut them. I recommend using York Peppermint Patties, they seem to bake up the best in my experience.
1 1/3 cup flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 1/3 cup sugar
½ cup butter
3 T. water
1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
15 York Peppermint Patties, quartered
1 ½ t. vanilla
3 large eggs
1) Generously coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 325’.
3) In small bowl, mix flour, soda, & salt.
4) In a small sauce pan, combine sugar, butter, & water, bring to a boil, remove immediately from heat.
5) Stir in chocolate chips & vanilla until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, cool completely.
6) Stir in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, mix until smooth.
7) Add enough brownie batter to just cover bottom of prepared pan, evenly place peppermint patties over batter, top with remaining batter.
8) Bake for 28-30 minutes. Cool completely, cut into bars. Store in a tightly sealed plastic container.