Make this for dinner and it will be in the regular meal rotation in your house. Oven baked and crispy like fried chicken or chicken strips, your family will absolutely flip! Make with chicken tenders or cut the chicken breasts into strips.
Parmesan Encrusted Chicken
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (you can also use chicken tenders, or boneless thighs)
1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons water
Salt & pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400’. Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds non stick foil.
2) You will need three containers for coating the chicken. Into the first, mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, set aside.
3) Second, beat the eggs and water, set aside.
4) Third, the flour.
5) Trim your chicken of any excess fat. Season generously with salt & pepper.
6) In this order, coat the chicken: First in flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumbs. Be sure you have evenly coated each piece.
7) Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the foil lined sheet & place breaded chicken on sheet. Lastly drizzle a bit more oil over chicken. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with a Simple Garlic and Cheese Pasta and a simple salad. YUM!
Note: If the chicken breasts are very large, you can slice horizontally, carefully holding the top of the breast with your hand and slicing through the center. You must use a very sharp knife, and be careful. You now have “cutlets,” they will take less time to bake.