This is absolutely delicious! Don't expect a sweet and sticky type barbecue. The grilling at the start of the recipe is to sear the meat and add flavor. The small amount of barbecue sauce makes for a rich au jus. Serve with Mickey Potatoes, Oh My! Serve a salad with a nice vinaigrette, it works well with the very savory meat and rich potatoes. Enjoy!!
Fall Apart BBQ Beef
3-4 lb. sirloin beef roast, fat trimmed away
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon each: granulated garlic powder, granulated onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper
½ cup Open Pit bbq sauce, original flavor
1 ½ cup water
1) Trim away any excess fat from roast. Rub roast with oil, coating evenly.
2) In small bowl mix all dry ingredients. Season roast with dry ingredients. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
3) Preheat grill for about 10 minutes. Grill roast on all sides so that you have some nice browning.
4) Place in dutch oven. Pour bbq sauce over roast and add water to pan. Place in 300’ oven for 3 ½ to 4 hours. Remove from oven and carefully place meat on cutting board. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Slice across grain using a sharp carving knife. Serve with au jus. Shred leftover beef, label, date and freeze.
2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 lb. leftover shredded beef
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup water
Juice of two limes
1) Heat large skillet over medium heat, add onions; cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook one minute. Add beef, cumin, paprika, and water. Simmer until most of water is reduced. Mix in juice of two limes. Taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary, you may need a little salt and pepper. Serve over warm tortillas with cheese. Serve with a fresh crisp salad with yogurt ranch dressing.