Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Iron Foodie BlogRoll Challenge.....

Foodie Blogroll and Marx Foods have come up with a very exciting food challenge.  To enter, I must post answers to the five questions listed below.  Judges will read posts and choose only 25 bloggers to compete.  The winning recipe must use three mystery ingredients.  The winner will receive a $200 credit to Marks Foods, yippee!  Cross your fingers for me!

1)  Why do you want to compete in this challenge?  Occasionally,  I am able wrestle the TV remote from my testosterone filled sports loving home and watch Chopped, where contestants are given "mystery" ingredients and have to whip up something fabulous...I think this challenge would be so much fun.  I would LOVE the opportunity to compete in such a challenge.
2)  Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in and why?  Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie Antoine Careme, or the Sweedish chef?  That's easy, Julia Child.  I remember as a child watching her on TV and I thought it so fascinating to watch her cooking and loved her voice and how she spoke.  As an adult, I love that she was able to show flaws and that not everything always turned out perfect.  She seemed like a very real person.  Love that.
3)  What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family and friend's plates when they aren't looking?  Bacon
4)  Sum up your childhood in one meal.
Cast iron fried chicken, fried potatoes with onions, and green beans from the garden.  Lastly, a slice of Mom's homemade bread with homemade apple butter.
5)  The one mainstream food you can't stand.
About the only thing I'm not crazy about is octopus, not crazy about suction cups in my mouth.

There you have it. 

OH, PICK ME!  PICK ME!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment