Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where Do the Bunnies Go?

We have some resident bunnies who live in our yard and after the blizzard I got to thinking.....where do they go when there is so much snow?  They can't get to the base of my bird feeder, what do they eat?  I am a huge softie for most any creature who has to endure a harsh Chicago winter.

Well, he seems quite comfortable....
I did not use the zoom on my camera, I was about 2 feet away from this chubby bunny...plenty of winter "stores," he must be a regular customer at my feeder.   Can you guess where he is?

Why, under my neighbor Mary's grill, of course!  He clearly doesn't realize that I'm bit of a cook.  (don't worry, if I had to forage for my meats, I'd be a vegetarian)  This bunny was so tame, I was able to give him a celery stick and some sunflower seeds and he didn't budge! 

I am so pleased that I have so much nature around me, even in the city. I love to feed the birds, squirrels, and bunnies.

Have a great weekend!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment