Sunday, June 6, 2010

I am a Cancer Survivor.....


Today I finally had the courage to participate in the annual Cancer Survivor's Walk on Chicago's beautiful  lake front.  It seems that when I have yearly check ups or in this case, a chance to really acknowledge the fact that I had cancer, it is very emotional and difficult to keep it together.

I have not shared this with you to date, but yes, I had thyroid cancer two years ago.  Right around Ryan's 3rd birthday I was diagnosed with Papillary Carcinoma, aka, Thyroid Cancer.  Hearing the "C" word completely took my breath away.  I actually could not utter the word for days.  My biggest worry was not being around for my three boys and my husband Joe.

They say that when you pray to God you must be very specific.  I prayed for this:   to see my boys go to college, get married, have children, and to have a long healthy life with my love Joe.    I thank God every day that I am here.  I am here to enjoy my family and friends, nature, and to share my blog with anyone who might be interested in reading or participating.

I thank you so very much for visiting my blog and reading.  It really means the world to me.

Have a blessed day.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment