Friday, December 10, 2010

The Spirit of Christmas....

Hello Everyone-

I've been a bit under the weather lately.  I'm sure you've noticed the lack of posts on my part.  Life has just been a bit heavy and I feel like I've turned the corner and am feeling a bit more festive.  

There are two things that especially lighten my heart at this time of year.    A child's true belief in Santa and baking.  I took little Ryan to see Santa yesterday.  He was so excited!  He insisted on bringing Santa a fruit roll up treat.  I love that he wasn't only thinking about asking Santa for toys.  He genuinely wanted to do something nice for poor overworked Santa.  I'm so proud of the caring little boy he's become.

All three of my boys love this season of Mom in the kitchen baking up our traditional family Christmas treats.  The cozy feeling of being in a warm house and the smell of sugar cookies or Gingerbread Cookies baking in the oven can't help but give even the "coolest" of teenagers the warm fuzzies.

Be sure to have plenty of these holiday baking staples on hand:

Butter, unsalted
Sugar, granulated
Powdered sugar
All purpose flour, unbleached
Good vanilla
Baking powder
Baking soda
Fresh large eggs

Additional ingredients needed for gingerbread:

Ground cinnamon
Ground cloves
Ground ginger
Molasses

Be looking for one of my favorite cookie recipes in the next day or two.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment