I love this recipe! I especially like the cranberries chopped, you don't get a sour bite. The flecks of red are very beautiful and festive. Freezes beautifully up to 3 weeks, bake ahead for Thanksgiving hostess gifts.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2 T. baking powder
2 T. wheat germ
1 t. salt
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (pulse in food processor 7-9 times, or chop by hand
½ cup canola oil
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup low fat milk
1 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh or bottled
1)Pre heat oven to 350’. Prepare 5 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine flour through salt and whisk until blended. Mix in chopped cranberries. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add oil, eggs, & milk. Stir until just blended, do not over mix.
3) Divide among prepared pans. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Top of bread should be firm to the touch and tooth pick should come out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
4) While bread is cooling, prepare icing. In small bowl combine powdered sugar and lemon juice one teaspoon at a time. If icing is too thick add a very small amount more of lemon juice.
5) Let bread cool in pans for 10 minutes, gently remove and place on cooling rack.
6) Drizzle icing over warm bread. Cool completely. Use a serrated knife to slice in a gentle sawing motion. Enjoy!!